This is a living resource guide that contains links to books, guides, courses, documentaries, Web sites and hardware related to Machine Learning. It is updated on a regular basis.
- TensorFlow - Open Source Machine Learning framework from Google
- Keras - Keras is a high-level neural network Python API, that can run on top of TensorFlow and a few other frameworks. It was developed with a focus on enabling fast experimentation.
- Unity Machine Learning Agents - An area that I’m exploring for game programming.
- DeepMind AlphaGo - AlphaGo is the first computer program to defeat a professional human Go player. It’s what got everyone’s attention and helped spark a new wave of interest in Machine Learning. DeepMind was acquired by Goolge in 2014.
- AlphaGo Documentary - watch it on Netflix, etc.
Machine Learning For Absolute Beginners: A Plain English Introduction (Machine Learning For Beginners) - This is the book that I would recommend for getting started.
Deep Learning with Python - Written by Francois Chollet, who is the creator of Keras and works for Google.
Deep Learning with R - Written by Francois Chollet (Keras). Co-authored by J.J. Allaire, who created the RStudio IDE and wrote the R interfaces to TensorFlow and Keras.
- Machine Learning Crash Course with TensorFlow APIs - A free crash course from Google.
ROG Strix SCAR II Gaming Laptop, GL504 15.6” 144Hz IPS-Type Slim Display, GeForce GTX 1070 8GB, Intel Core i7-8750H Processor (up to 3.9GHz), 256GB PCIe SSD + 1TB SSHD, 16GB DDR4 - I do a lot of Unity programming so I need a laptop with a good GPU. So I may be a little biased. But machine learning algorithms can also be demanding.
ASUS ROG Strix SCAR II GL504GS-DS74 (i7-8750H, 16GB RAM, 256GB NVMe SSD + 1TB SSHD, NVIDIA GTX 1070 8GB, 15.6” Full HD 144Hz 3ms, Windows 10) VR Ready Gaming Notebook - If you also want to get your gamer on, check out this bundle that comes with a controller and mouse.
HAVIT 5 Fans Laptop Cooling Pad for 14-17 Inch Laptop, Cooler Pad with LED Light, Dual USB 2.0 Ports, Adjustable Mount Stand (Black) - Training models can generate a lot of heat. This is the cooling pad that I currently use. It’s light and fits in my backpack.
Redragon M601 Gaming Mouse wired with red led, 3200 DPI 6 Buttons Ergonomic CENTROPHORUS Gaming Mouse for PC - Sometimes the trackpad just won’t do and you need a mouse. This is the one that I use and it comes with a nice plastic case. It even has weights that you can adjust for comfort.
If you can think of other items that should be on this list, let me know! Your best bet to get my attention is to DM me on Instagram (@scriptabledotcom).